The Cognitive Training Center is located in the Washington Regional Clinic for Senior Health in the Pat Walker Center for Seniors, at the corner of Appleby Road and North Hills Blvd. on the Washington Regional Medical Center campus.
Washington Regional Clinic for Senior Health Road Map
The Memory Clinic at Washington Regional offers a compassionate and state-of-the-art approach to diagnosing and treating disorders of memory. We understand that some changes with memory and thinking may be reversible, and should not necessarily be considered an inevitable part of aging. Specifically, research has consistently shown that people need to be proactive about cognitive health. Studies reveal that a “brain fitness” program of structured cognitive activity combined with physical exercise and a brain-healthy diet can help slow the progression of cognitive decline, while sustaining or even improving brain function. As a result of this encouraging research, the Memory Clinic at Washington Regional has expanded its services to include a Cognitive Training Center (CTC). The goal of the CTC is to offer a comprehensive cognitive wellness program which includes a structured, computer-based cognitive training program, physical exercise program and education regarding brain healthy nutrition. This program is designed to maximize cognitive abilities and slow the rate of age-related cognitive-decline.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes a geriatric neuropsychologist, gerontologist, dietitian, and exercise physiologists.
Gillian Woods, Ph.D., education manager with the Washington Regional Medical Center Pat Walker Center for Seniors and co-director of the CTC, was featured on KNWA's "Your Health" about Cognitive Training Center and brain fitness: click here to view the video.
- Medical and cognitive history
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
- 6-, 10- or 12-week comprehensive computer-based cognitive training program
- Fitness assessment and Center for Exercise 1-month membership
- Dietary consultation
- 1-month home-based cognitive training program
- Supportive and educational services
- The Cognitive Training Center is available for self referral.
- Following an interview and evaluation, the team develops a program designed to enhance memory skills and abilities through use of a structured brain training program.
Who May Benefit
- Any adult who is concerned about risk for the development of cognitive impairment or who would like to enhance cognitive reserve in order to maximize independence.
- Research as yet does not support the use of such comprehensive brain training programs for those with more moderate – severe dementia syndromes.
- The programs are heavily visually and auditory-based, thus anyone with hearing or vision impairments will be screened to assess appropriateness.
We are committed to providing services to assist our patients in living more productive and independent lives, and doing so with sensitivity, understanding and respect.
- 6-week program: $250
- 10-week program: $350
- 12-week program: $500
Washington Regional Clinic for Senior Health
12 East Appleby Road
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone (479) 463-4444
Fax (479) 463-4499
Find out more or schedule an appointment by calling (479) 463-4444. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.