The Outpatient Wound Care Clinic at Washington Regional offers comprehensive therapies for a wide variety of patient and wound care needs. Among the first in Arkansas to offer the advanced treatments in wound care, we continue today to be a leader in wound healing and holistic patient care. In addition to care of patients with wounds, we also offer services for patients with Ostomy needs, as well as Diabetic foot and nail care by national certified nurses.
The physicians at the wound care clinic bring a vast scope of knowledge with a multidisciplinary team that are national recognized by the American Academy of Wound Management as Certified Wound Specialist, CWS. This designation is only given to physicians and advanced care providers who have dedicated years of training in the field of wound care.
In addition to our physician team, we also lead the area in our national certified nursing staff that carries the designation of CWOCN (Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse) and CFCN (Certified Foot Care Nurse). This combination brings the highest in quality care.
Shannon Jones, APN, director of the Wound Care Clinic, was recently featured on KNWA's "Your Health." Click here to view the video.
Therapies and Advanced Wound Care Techniques
In addition to technologically advanced dressings, the Wound Care Clinic also offers a variety of advanced therapies and diagnostic testing to help evaluate underlying health concerns and medical conditions. These include:
- Advanced Wound Technology
- Ostomy and continence management
- Diabetic foot and nail care
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Allogeneic Skin grafts
- Transcutaneous oxygen measurement
- Need for Special Support Surfaces – such as beds, and cushions
- Off-loading wound management
- Advanced Wound Debridement
- Management of Venous Hypertension and lower leg edema
- Compression therapy for Lymphedema with wounds
Washington Regional is honored to have nursing staff who has achieved the advanced training required to obtain a Certified Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse (CWOCN) certification. This special certification is only achieved through advanced education and residency. The Wound Clinic is now able to offer ostomy services to include:
- Pre-surgery ostomy site marking – This is critical to ensure proper placement of ostomy site so that following surgery patients care return to a high level of independence and quality of life.
- Post surgical care and education
- Appliance fittings and adjustments
- Ostomy and peristomal skin assessment and treatment
- One on one education for patient and their families
- Our CWOCN also provides patients with continence services including
- Management of urinary incontinence
- Management of fecal and urinary diversions
- Nutritional counseling related to altered bowel and bladder conditions
- Fistula management
Diabetic Foot and Nail Care
Diabetic patients are at high risk for infections of the feet and toes. Our Certified Foot and Nail care nurses are highly trained in providing care for patients with:
- Calluses and corns
- Thick nails or patients with nail disease or infection
- Intervention of disease process
- A vital link in foot and leg preservation of the diabetic patient
Patients are referred to the Wound Care Clinic by their physician or care provider, or they can call for an appointment Monday through Thursday 7:30-4:00pm, Friday 7:30-12:00 noon at (479) 463-4325. Referrals can be faxed to (479) 463-2322.
Washington Regional Wound Care Clinic
3017 North Bob Younkin, Suite 102
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone 479 463-HEAL(4325)
Toll Free 1-800-492-1220
Map and Driving Directions