How much time would I have to give?
Most volunteers work one 4-5 hour shift each week. Some give more. Schedules are arranged to suit your availability.
What about vacations?
We know that everyone takes a vacation and plans often conflict with your volunteer schedule. We will work with you and find a substitute when you must be away.
Does it cost anything?
Volunteers who join the Auxiliary pay an annual $5 dues for membership. Uniforms range from $17-$32.
What do volunteers wear?
Ladies wear slacks or skirts and a purple jacket or vest with any coordinating top. Gentlemen wear slacks and a purple jacket or vest with any coordinating shirt. Comfortable shoes such as tennis shoes are recommended.
Where do volunteers work?
- MAIN LOBBY INFORMATION DESK Volunteers direct patients and visitors to destinations within the medical center; direct calls to patient rooms; deliver flowers and mail.
- ADMITTING Volunteers provide information and assistance to patients and families during admission for inpatient and outpatient services and escort patients upon admission.
- ICU/CCU WAITING AREA Assist families in locating patients after arrival to the critical care units. Communicate patient/family needs to nursing staff and chaplain staff. Answer and direct multiple phone calls
- EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT Serve as a liason between the staff, physicians, and family. Give updates on patient's progress to appropriate family member.
- GIFT SHOP Volunteers assist customers in the selection and purchase of items.
- AUXILIARY FUNDRAISING EVENTS Volunteers plan and implement various sales throughout the year. Book, jewelry, and art sales are very profitable for the Auxiliary. The gift shop is the primary source of income for the Auxiliary.
- CENTER FOR EXERCISE Volunteers teach clients how to use the equipment as well as provide clerical support.
- AMBULATORY CARE UNIT Greet patients & visitors as they enter the Walker Family Heart & Vascular Institute. Escort patient & visitors to various areas of the hospital
How do I become a Washington Regional Volunteer?
- Complete & Sign the Volunteer Application & Agreement
- Mail your completed application & agreement to:
3215 N. North Hills Blvd.
Fayetteville, AR 72703
How can I get further information?
If you have questions about our programs, call the Department of Volunteer Services at Washington Regional at (479) 463-1085 or E-mail Us.