Funding Priorities Calendar of Events Selected Highlights Planned or Deferred Gifts
Washington Regional is proud of its covenant with the Northwest Arkansas community. The system is firmly committed to making a positive difference in the health of this great region.
Washington Regional Foundation was established in 1988 as a not-for-profit charitable corporation providing support to the activities of Washington Regional. The Foundation conducts philanthropic projects, programs and services designed to meet its mission of improving the health of the communities served by Washington Regional, which is the only locally owned, not-for-profit medical system in Northwest Arkansas.
Washington Regional depends on the generosity of individuals, families, corporations, and foundations to continue its tradition of continued excellence in patient care, medical research and education. If you or a loved one has received care or services from Washington Regional, you know first hand how much it means to have quality healthcare available when you need it. Frequently, grateful patients or their families will express their appreciation by financially supporting the people and organizations that cared for them, through a donation to Washington Regional Foundation.
Your tax-deductible donation is an investment in the future of healthcare in our region. All donated funds stay in Northwest Arkansas to serve the communities in which the contributions were given.
FOUNDATION MISSON STATEMENT
Washington Regional Foundation supports the mission of Washington Regional Medical System by promoting healthcare improvement through philanthropy and outreach services.
- Cancer Support Homes - Fayetteville and Bentonville
- Faith in Action - Fayetteville and Bella Vista
- Johnelle Hunt Women's Center
- Walker Heart Institute
- Washington Regional Hospice
- Senior Services
Calendar of Events
- Friends of Hospice Spring Garden Party - June 16, 2012
- Savor the Flavor - September 4, 2012
- Regional Classic Golf Tournament - September 17, 2012 at Paradise Valley
- Friends of Hospice Fall Brunch - Fall 2012
Washington Regional Annual Gala and Eagle Awards Presentation
Each spring the Foundation hosts an exciting gala evening featuring well known entertainers and presenting awards for outstanding health leadership. Proceeds from the annual event benefit various hospital programs and projects that promote community health causes.
Washington Regional Benevolence Fund Campaign
The Benevolence Fund Campaign provides an opportunity in which employees, volunteers, physicians, board members and friends can contribute to the Benevolence Fund. The Benevolence Fund is used to provide emergency assistance for basic health and welfare needs such as rent, electricity, gas and water service, and food for members of the Washington Regional family experiencing financial difficulties.
Friends of Hospice Spring Garden Party and Fall Brunch
These elegant and fun events raise community awareness of Washington Regional Hospice and needed funds for its services. The funds are used to help patients in need of Hospice care who are not covered by insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare or who lack personal finances.
Washington Regional Classic Golf Tournament
This annual four-person scramble raises funds for different Hospital and Foundation projects. Past beneficiaries include the Cancer Support Home, Faith in Action, Fayetteville City Hospital, BrookStone Assisted Living and Kids for Health.
Savor the Flavor
This annual event is a self-guided walking tour offering delicious samples from Fayetteville Dickson Street area restaurants. Proceeds benefit Faith in Action which provides non-medical services for homebound seniors in Washington and Benton counties.
Planned or Deferred Gifts
A planned gift will help ensure the future of services and programs provided by Washington Regional. Planned gifts include:
- Bequests are an easy way to make a gift to Washington Regional through a provision in your will. Whether making a specific distribution or by leaving a portion of the residue of your estate, a bequest is a great way to leave a legacy.
- Charitable gift annuities can provide income and tax benefits to the donor in exchange for a gift of cash or property. Income can often exceed current CD and other fixed income rates.
- Charitable trusts provide income to the donor upon the transfer of cash or property to the charitable trust. In a remainder trust, the charity receives the trust assets after providing income to the donor. In a lead trust, the charity gets the use of the property for a set period of time with the donor or donor's family receiving the trust property following that period.
- Life Insurance that is no longer needed for children or family members may be donated to Washington Regional.
- Retirement Plans can also be donated to Washington Regional. For example, IRA assets could be transferred to a charitable remainder trust, the trust could provide life income for the beneficiary and the remainder would become a gift to Washington Regional.
Many gift arrangements can provide additional income for you or your family. If you are interested in learning more, please call the Foundation for a free consultation. Always remember to consult your legal counsel and/or financial advisor before establishing a planned gift.
Washington Regional Foundation
P. O. Box 356
Fayetteville, AR 72702