The Pastoral Care Staff is trained to provide support in the following ways:
Pastoral Care Daily Room Rounds:
Pastoral Services Department provides an accepting and supportive ministry through:
- Supplying 24-hour pastoral services, counseling and spiritual support.
- Visiting patients and families to help meet their spiritual needs.
- Notifying families, churches, ministers and others of hospitalizations.
- Providing spiritual guidance in crisis situations, such as codes and patient requests.
- Ministering to hospital staff needs for spiritual support.
- Being available for counseling and prayer at any time, such as before surgery and when death issues arise.
- Providing support through Surgical Chaplaincy.
- Assisting with Advance Directive/Living Will questions.
Pastoral Care provides support to patients and families through:
- A chaplain being available to pray for patients and provide counseling and spiritual support before a surgical procedure.
- Supporting family and friends by providing periodic progress reports during surgery upon the request of surgeon, patient and/or family member.
- A chaplain escorting the family/friends to CCU after open-heart surgeries for their first visit.
- A chaplain being available to provide spiritual guidance and assist local clergy in more effectively ministering to his/her parishioners.
Washington Regional Hospice
Pastoral Services are available to provide spiritual support to hospice patients and families at WRMC or at home:
- Hospice chaplain visits are available on a regular basis and by request.
- Ritual needs are met either by the chaplain or are referred to another minister.
- Hospice spiritual care and support are provided through devotionals, prayer, scripture reading, grief counseling, etc.
The hospital provides two separate chapels in order to meet the spiritual needs of patients, families and friends.
The Bodenhamer Chapel is located on the fifth floor off the hallway going to the East Wing (5100).
The Longer Chapel is on the first floor off the hallway going from the Emergency Department toward the Walker Heart Institute and Admissions Lobby.
Both chapels are available for prayer and meditation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In case of an emergency, please call the hospital at 479-463-1000 and ask to speak with the chaplain on-call. If you are a patient in the hospital, dial the operator or ask your nurse to have the chaplain paged. The operator will page the chaplain who will return your call. In order to leave a message that may be taken care of the next day, call 479-463-1267 and leave a voice mail message.