Washington Regional Home
Bookmark and Share
Bookmark this page
Decrease (-) Restore Default Increase (+) font size
PrintEmail
Washington Regional Medical Center Walker Heart Institute Northwest Arkansas Neuroscience Institute Senior Health Women and Children's Health Total Joint Center

Interact & Connect

Calendar of Events
Register for a Class or Event
Support Groups
E-Mail a Patient
Donate Online
Request an Appointment
Find a Physician
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube
Contact Us

Dennis Blake - Feb. Employee of the Month

February Employee of the Month Dennis Blake pictured with Steve Percival, VP Human Resources

What is your role at Washington Regional? 
Multimedia Specialist for Employee Education in the CSS while this is technically my job position, my main role is administrator for NetLearning.  In this position, I manage, troubleshoot and maintain the NetLearning system. These days this is 80% of my job.   The remaining 20% of my time is administrating the Education Video Conference system, and Troubleshooting and maintaining the AV equipment in the CSS Rooms and Computer labs.

How long have you been at Washington Regional?
October 23, 2003 was my hire date.

What do you like best about your job?
I enjoy the variety of projects that I have to work with. Mostly I enjoy developing assignments that need infrastructure so they can provide the desired result.  I call this building railroad tracks, which means creating the necessary structure to get the program built and implemented. 

Why did you choose Washington Regional as an employer?
I had just moved to Fayetteville and needed a position that could use my background in broadcast media and computers.

Describe your family.
My wife Renee (also a WRMC employee in admissions) have an extended family with a total of 5 children and 7 grandchildren. 

What are your hobbies?
These days it's being a volunteer director with the Walnut Crossing Property Owners Association.

What is something that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I did a TV interview with Hugh O'Brian, (the actor who portrayed Wyatt Earp in the long running 1950's TV Series).  It was a big thrill because I had watched the program as child. 

What do you like best about Northwest Arkansas?
I really enjoy being in a University City.  There are lots of things going on locally that you wouldn't have access to if you lived somewhere else.

What customer service skills help you manage your job duties?
Perhaps the one Customer Service item I used most is being a point of contact for information.   In my work, I have interacted with so many WRMC management and staff, that I now receive emails and calls asking who they should to go to for help or information. 

What is the most rewarding part of your job?
I believe the ability to help someone solve a problem, or teach them how to do a specific thing in NetLearning.  There is nothing more rewarding than to see someone blossom with excitement when they realize the item they are asking about is possible to learn or do.



Career Opportunities
Nursing Opportunities
Physician Opportunities
 

About Washington Regional

About Us
Hospitals, Facilities & Clinics
Services
Maps & Directions
Foundation
Volunteer Opportunities
Job Opportunities

 Washington Regional
 3215 N. North Hills Blvd.
 Fayetteville, AR 72703
 (479) 463-1000

Learn 

Prevention and Wellness Programs
Helpful Links
Patient Stories
Interact & Connect: Online Tools

    
             

Quality and Recognition

Report to the Community
Consumer Choice #1 2012-13
Best Regional Hospitals U.S. News 2011-12
Top Performer Joint Commission 2013
Organ Donation Medal of Honor 2012
Best Hospital CitiScapes Magazine 2012
Celebrate Magazine Very Best 2012

Resources

Disclaimer
Privacy Statement
HIPAA Privacy Notice
Medical Release Form
Financial Assistance

Media Room
Site Map
Contact Us
Washington Regional Home Page
Medical Staff Services