Washington Regional has been a leader in women's health for 60 years. The Johnelle Hunt Women's Center offers women's healthcare services within the medical center and draws upon the experience of the area's finest obstetricians/gynecologists, pediatricians, neonatologists and nursing staff.
Washington Regional's expertise in newborn intensive care is highlighted with an agreement with Arkansas Children's Hospital and the University of Arkansas Medical School's Department of Pediatrics. Families with sick babies can receive high-quality neonatal intensive care services locally.
The Johnelle Hunt Women's Center is located on the medical center's west side with a separate, private entrance and encompasses 50,000 square feet. This unique facility provides quality care for women at all stages of life, in a warm and friendly environment. The women's center is also home to HerHealth, which specializes in women's healthcare through the practice of obstetrics and gynecology.
Visitation for children 12 and under is only for those that are a sibling to a new baby.
Our women's services in the Maternal Child Unit include:
- A strong medical staff of obstetricians/gynecologists, anesthesiologist, neonatologists, pediatricians and family practice physicians who provide care for expectant mothers, newborns and children.
- An experienced nursing staff in maternal/newborn care and a commitment to serving the individual needs of each family.
- Surgery suites
- Jacuzzi room for patients in labor.
- 12 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Parent/child rooms-Parent rooms adjoining the Nursery, where parents can care for their NICU babies under the guidance of the nursery staff.
- Lactation Department with two Lactation Consultants that teach breastfeeding classes in the prenatal period, provide idividual support in the hospital. Outpatient support is provided through our Breastfeeding Helpline and postpartum follow-up appointments in private lactaction office.
- State-of-the-art infant security system.
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery.
- 12 private LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Post-partum) rooms where mother can labor, deliver and recover in one room until discharge. Our rooms are private and spaciously designed, allowing room for your family.
- Family-centered care in which mother and baby are cared for by one RN and encouraged to stay together 24 hours a day.
- Four triage rooms to evaluate patients who may be in labor, prepare women for scheduled cesarean sections, and do antepartum testing.
- Community Education Classes to include: baby basics/breastfeeding marathon, childbirth marathon, breastfeeding class, childbirth preparation class, portpartum support group and infant CPR taught by our Lactation Consultant and nursing staff. To register for the classes go to the Calendar of Events or call 479-463-5141.
The Pediatrics/Medical-Surgical Unit specializes in medical/surgical care to patients experiencing gynecologic problems and/or surgery, and to children requiring acute care. This unit is located on the first floor adjacent to the Johnelle Hunt Women's Center and easily accessible from the main lobby.
Another emphasis for the center is educating women about breast care. The Breast Care Navigator Program provides individualized care and helps navigate women with breast cancer, from the time of diagnosis through every aspect of treatment.
Complementing this program is another patient-focused service provided by Washington Regional. A weekly breast conference comprised of a mufti-disciplined group of physicians and health care specialist is held to review newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. This dedicated team of health specialist studies each individual case to determine the most beneficial treatment plan.
Johnelle Hunt Women's Center
Washington Regional Medical Center
3215 N. North Hills Blvd.
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Map and Driving Directions